Training Visa (subclass 407)?
The Training and Research visa (subclass 402) is closed to new applicants from 19 November 2016. The Training visa (subclass 407) is for people who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development. The sponsorship and visa application must be lodged online.
There are three types of occupational training (nomination eligibility types) covered by this visa:
• Workplace-based training required for registrationTraining required obtaining registration, membership or a licence to work in Australia or home country.
• Structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupationTraining in a SOL or CSOL occupation - in this case, the applicant must have worked full time in the occupation for at least 70% of the training, over 30 hours to be on-the-job versus classroom training.
• Training that promotes capacity building overseas.- Overseas qualification
- Government support
- Professional development
- sponsoring organisation must have applied for or have been approved as a sponsor and applicants will need to be sponsored and nominated by an approved sponsor to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities or classroom-based professional development activities.
- must be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years
- at least 18 years of age
- have functional English language skills, to do the training
- have adequate arrangements for health insurance while in Australia
- have adequate financial support for yourself and accompanying family members while in Australia
- meet health and character requirements
- You must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government
Temporary activities sponsors
As a temporary activities sponsor, you must:
- be one of the following types of organisations:
: An organisation lawfully operating in Australia
: Government agency
: Foreign government agency
- have no adverse information known about you or a person associated with you that could affect your suitability as a sponsor, unless it is reasonable for the Department to disregard the information
- have the capacity to comply with your sponsorship obligations and
- directly provide the occupational training, unless an exemption exists.
We Provide a Perfect approach to Australia Migration.