※ Due to changes in 457 visa policy, for more information on Work Visa,
Please Click on <Quick Enquiry> menu above.
Temporary Work Skilled Visa
This visa lets a skilled worker travel to Australia to work in their nominated occupation for their approved sponsor for up to four years.
To apply you must:
- be nominated to work in an approved occupation on the Skilled Occupation Lists *skilled occupation list
- meet the skill requirements, and any registration and licensing obligation for the nominated occupation
- speak a certain level of English
If your nominated occupation is a trade occupation, you might need to do a skills assessment.
The Trades Recognition Australia website has more information on which occupations require an assessment.
If your nominated occupation is 'Program and project Administrator’ or ‘Specialist Manager nec (not elsewhere
classified)', you will need to a skills assessment for migration purposes. The VETASSESS website has more information.
English language proficiency
Most primary applicants who are sponsored by a standard business sponsor must demonstrate that their level of
English proficiency is equivalent to one of the following scores:
- an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall test score of at least 5.0 with a score of
at least 4.5 in each of the four test components
- an Occupational English Test (OET) score of at least 'B' in each of the four components
- a Test of English as a Foreign Language internet-based test (TOEFL iBT) total score of at least 36 with a score of
at least 3 for each of the test components of listening and reading, and a score of at least 12 for each of
the test components of writing and speaking
- a Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic overall test score of at least 36 with a score of at least 30 in each of
the four test components
- a Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) overall test score of at least 154 with a score of at least 147 in each of
the four test components.
IELTS – Academic or General
You only need to take the general training test unless advised otherwise by a registration or general licensing body.
To become a sponsor, there are two ways you can become an approved sponsor:
Option 1: Apply to be a standard business sponsor
Option 2: Negotiate a labour agreement.
Nomination is the process of identifying a position to be filled by a skilled worker from outside Australia in an approved business. Nomination is required for both standard business sponsors and parties to a labour agreement.
The nomination process identifies:
- the occupation is relevant to the position to be filled
- the skills and experience required for the position
- the market salary rate for the position and the salary rate to be paid to the prospective overseas employee
- the name of the prospective overseas employee
where the employee will be working.
We Provide a Perfect approach to Australia Migration.